Donating Cash and Securities

If you want your donation to be tax deductible in the US:

You have several options for financially supporting American Friends of Canadian Conservation and/or its partner organizations. You can use your credit card to give online, send us a check or donate securities.

If you prefer to donate via check, please send your contribution in US funds, drawn on a US bank, to:

American Friends of Canadian Conservation
336 36th St, #717
Bellingham, WA 98225

American Friends can also accept gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares.  You avoid incurring US capital gains taxes associated with selling appreciated securities and get a tax deduction on the current value of the securities. Please contact American Friends for more information.

You may recommend that American Friends use your donation to make a grant to one of our approved partners. Please fill out a Grant Recommendation and send it with your check. Grants can be made only to Canadian entities that are approved qualified American Friends “grantees.” (See Our Land Trust Partners for more information.) If your favorite Canadian conservation charity is not yet a grantee, encourage them to apply.

American Friends retains a small portion of each contribution to administer its grant program as outlined in the recommendation form. If you request that American Friends make a grant, please consider designating an additional amount to help increase American Friends’ capacity to preserve Canada’s land and water resources.

If you want a Canadian tax receipt for your donation:

Canadians can support American Friends’ cross-border conservation mission with a gift to Ducks Unlimited Canada and recommendation for a grant to American Friends. Download the recommendation form and instructions, fill it out and send with your cheque to the address on the form.

Please contact Sandra Tassel, 360-515-7171, for assistance with your contribution or answers to your questions.